San Diego’s Rotary 33 Club, one of the five largest Rotary Clubs in the world, holds weekly programs at the LSCC. The organization, whose stated purpose is to “conduct humanitarian projects, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and work toward world understanding and peace,” host a weekly program series allowing guest speakers and panel discussions to present on a wide variety of topics and issues. All programs are held at the LSCC on Thursdays at noon and members from the local community are welcome to attend by contacting them directly.
Here on the LSCC Events Blog we will present an overview of all programs at the beginning of each month, and then each week spotlight the upcoming event with more detailed information.
Thursday, February 13, 2014 - “San Diego's Bi-National Economy”
A panel of experts will discuss how San Diego’s location near the Mexico border offers a number of unique opportunities for local businesses.
- Stephen B. Williams - Sentre Partners, Chairman of the Mexican Business Center of the SD Chamber of Commerce, and Co-Chairman of the Smart Border Working Committee
- Enrique Esparza, Jr. - President of the Tijuana EDC, Board Member of the US Mexico Chamber and Otay Mesa Chamber
Thursday, February 20, 2014 - “2014 Business Forecast”
A panel representing several local business development organizations will share their perspective on the upcoming year, including business forecasts and the possible impact on San Diego businesses.
- Kris Michell - Downtown Partnership (Moderator)
- Mark Cafferty - San Diego Regional EDC
- Jerry Sanders - San Diego Chamber of Commerce
- Joe Terzi - San Diego Tourism Authority
- Tyler Orion - CONNECT
Thursday, February 27, 2014 - “LinkedIn”
Rick Itzkowich, a renowned expert on LinkedIn, will give a presentation on how businesses can best utilize the popular website LinkedIn.